Herbal medicine uses plant-based medicines to treat the whole person, addressing the underlying cause of the complaint and not just the symptoms. It emphasises the individual and the importance of tailoring treatment to suit each person’s needs, thus a unique combination of several herbs are prescribed to support that individual.
A number of people consult us for support with specific health problems, however, others turn to us for help when facing natural biological changes such as the menopause, to help with periods of stress, or to enhance their feelings of wellbeing (for example when feeling run down after prolonged stress).
There is plenty of evidence today that diet, exercise and other lifestyle changes can have significant beneficial effects on health and wellbeing. As properly trained herbalists, we can advise in detail about useful changes to your diet, recommend daily physical activities and discuss with you other lifestyle choices.
We have experience of working with those suffering from such conditions as:
Pre-menstrual tension, menopause, endometriosis, fibroids, polycystic ovaries, heavy or painful periods, fertility
Asthma, bronchitis, sinusitis, hay fever, tonsillitis
Hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidsm, diabetes support, cancer support
Arthritis, gout, muscular aches and pains
Irritable bowel, diverticulitis, colitis, Crohn’s disease, flatulence, indigestion, acid reflux, chronic cholecystitis, constipation, diarrhoea
High blood pressure, high cholesterol, angina, Raynaud’s, poor circulation, varicose veins
Anxiety, insomnia, headaches, stress, mild depression
Acne vulgaris, acne rosacea, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis
Cystitis, BPH (benign prostatic hypertrophy)
Susceptibility to infections, coughs, colds, immune support
Why consult a medical herbalist?
– We are able to prescribe from an extensive range of top quality herbs, a number of which are only supplied to qualified herbalists.
– We are trained in conventional diagnostic skills.
– We can help identify the root cause of your health problem.
– We prescribe tailor-made remedies, designed specifically to support your body’s self-healing powers.
– We are trained to work with people who are taking prescribed medication from their Doctor, we are careful to select herbs that will not interfere with any ongoing conventional treatment.
First consultation: £40 (this lasts 45-60 mins)
Subsequent consultations: £30 (this lasts 20-40 mins)
Tinctures:£7.50 per 100 mls (approx. 1 week’s worth)
Teas:£7.50 per 100g
Creams and Ointments
Muscle and Joint Cream